The Delivering Hope Full Circle Program
A Covid Compliant, Textile Donation and Re-Purposing Program
Overview: Abuse Hurts is an organization that supports individuals escaping abuse. In 2020 we serviced 8,000 individuals with 26,000 items – primarily with clothing and small appliances.
The overflow of products we use are sold in our store, raising money to purchase the items our clients need that Abuse Hurts does not have on hand.
In the current Covid climate, a greater number of people are wanting to donate or get rid of unwanted items, increasing the need for more outlets being available to receive the items. This program will provide a convenient way for people to donate or get rid of used/unwanted clothing, blankets, linens and furniture and will help lessen the amount of items ending up in landfills.
Your clothing and textile donations will either be:
- Given to individuals who are survivors of violence and are transitioning from shelters into new homes
2. Sold in our store
- To help Abuse Hurts gather donations to re-donate to individuals escaping abuse
- To help Abuse Hurts raise funds to support their ongoing programs, through the recycling of used or unwanted textiles
- To help save the planet! Instead of throwing these unwanted items in the garbage, which end up in landfills, bring them to Abuse Hurts where they will be recycled instead.
When and Where can YOU Donate: Monday and Wednesday, every week, between 10am-4pm, 30 minute time slots with only 1 drop off per time slot. If you do not have an appointment, we can not accept your donations.
How to participate:
- Visit www.AbuseHurts.ca to select your drop off time slot.
- Label Bags either:
“RE-DONATE” – anything that is in good shape and can be re-donated to individuals escaping abuse.
If possible please use CLEAR PLASTIC BAGS for Re-Donate items.
- NEW socks and undergarments
- Like-New clothing (NO HANGERS)
- Like-new/gently used bed and bath linens
- Shoes, Boots & Belts are also acceptable – however, please separate into their own bags and label accordingly
- Like-New housewares/household items including small appliances (ex. coffee makers, toaster ovens, microwaves), dishes, pots, pans, glassware, kitchen utensils, etc.
- Furniture (In good shape)
Items Not Accepted:
- Furniture that has not been pre-approved by Abuse Hurts (each item must be approved before drop-off)
- Dirty/uncleaned small appliances
- Broken items
- Items missing pieces
- Used/opened toiletries (creams, wipes, makeup, perfume…)
- Used underwear/briefs (women’s, men’s, and children’s)
- Soiled or ripped clothing
- Used mattresses
- Used pillows
- Used toys
- Used books
- Used strollers, cribs, baby baths, bassinets, play pens
- Used Duvets/duvet covers
- Used water bottles
- Chipped/cracked glassware/dishes
**Disclaimer: Abuse Hurts reserves the right to refuse any unacceptable furniture items (damaged or otherwise). Furniture is only used for re-donating and cannot be recycled through this program**
Now available Tuesdays and Fridays for used Clothing and some Household Items